Fluke Networks VisiFault Locator, both SM & MM 650nm
Visual fault locator cable continuity tester locates fibers, finds faults, verifies continuity and polarity.
- Locates visual faults including tight bends, breaks and bad connectors
- Accelerates end-to-end fiber checks
- Easily verifies polarity and identifies fibers
- Features continuous and flashing modes
- Ergonomic case survives drops, impacts and vibrations
- Supports 2.5 mm and 1.25 mm SFF connectors
- Over 80 hours of battery life with two AA batteries
VisiFault emits a bright beam of red light easily visible from a distance. Connect the VisiFault to one end of a fiber then locate that fiber at the other end, even if it one of many fibers either in a cable or terminated in a rack. Perform simple end-to-end continuity checks. Verify the proper polarity and orientation of fibers within a multi-fiber connector like the MT-RJ.
VisiFault can quickly illuminate fiber breaks, damaged connectors on patch cords, defective splices in splice trays, and tight fiber bends in and around equipment racks. The choice of a continuous wave output mode for steady fault illumination or a flashing output mode makes for easier fault location.