Fluke Networks Fiber OneShot PRO
All mainframe, kit and accessory models are retired. Learn more about the next generation OptiFiber Pro OTDR.
- Works on singlemode fiber, 9/125µm
- 1550nm output wavelength. Compatible with standard PON wavelengths: 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625nm
- Measure up to 75,459 feet (23,000 metres) of fiber in seconds
- Locate severe bends, high-loss splices, breaks and dirty connectors in single mode fiber
- Measure and locate high loss connections and breaks
- Locate the end of a fiber
- Find potential sources of high bit error rates caused by reflectance from dirty or poor connections
- Detects live optical signals before it begins testing
- Quick set-up. Connect your fiber and press the Test button. No lengthy set-up necessary
- Find problems quickly. Six-second test time—no more blind troubleshooting that can waste hours
- Change the Index of Refraction (IOR) to improve fiber length accuracy
- Visible in dark areas. Backlighted display turns off automatically
- Removable SC adapter is easily cleaned
- Optional LC, ST and FT interchangeable adapters are available
- Long battery life, 1,500 tests (typical) from 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Rugged construction; vibration and drop tested to 1 meter
VFLs work well for exposed lengths of fiber near a patch panel by illuminating bad connections and breaks. They are not very helpful for cable runs more than a few meters, or when the cable not visible or accessible, or when the laser light can’t penetrate the jacket.
Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDR) provides graphical data and analysis along the entire length of a cable, way beyond the reach of a VFL, but they can be expensive and require more time to and skill to operate.
Fiber OneShot PRO in fiber optic tool kit fills the gap between a VFL and an OTDR. These optical inspection system have the simplicity of a VFL, and provide distance and power information on high losses, breaks, and the end of the fiber. They also identify live fiber.