Fluke 1625-2 GEO Earth Ground Tester Kit
The Fluke 1625-2 earth ground tester is able to measure earth ground loop resistances using only clamps. With this test method, two clamps are placed around the earth ground rod and each are connected to the tester. No earth ground stakes are used at all. A known, fixed voltage is induced by one clamp and the current is measured using the second clamp. Then the tester automatically determines the resistance of the earth ground rod. This test method only works if a bonded earth ground system exists for the building or structure under test, but most are. If there is only one path to ground, like at many residential applications, the Stakeless method will not provide an acceptable value and the Fall of Potential test method must be used.
With Stakeless testing, the earth ground rod does not need to be disconnected - leaving the bonded earth ground system intact during test. Gone are the days of spending time placing and connecting stakes for each earth ground rod on your system - a major time saver. You can also perform earth ground tests in places you’ve not considered before: inside buildings, power pylons, or anywhere you don’t have access to soil.
The Most Complete Tester
The Fluke 1625-2 is a unique earth ground tester that can performs all four types of earth ground measurement:
- 3- and 4-Pole Fall-of-Potential (using stakes)
- 4-Pole Soil Resistivity testing (using stakes)
- Selective testing (using 1 clamp and stakes)
- Stakeless testing (using 2 clamps only)
The Fluke 1625-2 offers you simpler, faster earth ground tests than ever before. The 1625-2 offers internal memory storage up to 1500 records, accessible via USB port for rapid data transfer and viewing of results. This earth ground tester also gives you world-class accessories that take the tedium out of earth ground testing. New wire reels speed up setup and tear down time as much as 50%. Heavy duty stakes can be hammered into dry, hard soil. And new color-coded wires make setup simple and help eliminate mistakes.
The Fluke 1625-2 improves your earth ground testing process with:
- Automatic Frequency Control (AFC) - identifies existing interference and chooses a measurement frequency to minimize its effect, providing more accurate earth ground value
- R* measurement - calculates earth ground impedance at 55 Hz to more accurately reflect the earth ground resistance that a fault-to earth ground would see
- Adjustable limits - for quicker testing
- 3- and 4-pole Fall-of-Potential, earth resistance loop testing
- 4-pole Soil Resistivity testing
- Selective earth ground rod testing using 1 clamp
- Stakeless earth ground rod testing using 2 clamps
- IP56 rated for outdoor use
- Rugged carrying case